Ellen gained litigation experience early in law school by prosecuting and defending criminal cases. Her most memorable case involved a 3rd degree felony theft trial with $75,000 of stolen funds, where she was first chair prosecutor. Ellen also interned for the Honorable Christopher Mott at the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Texas. These experiences enriched her understanding in different areas of law and in the art of well-crafted arguments. Born and raised in Houston, Ellen was glad to return to her hometown and pursue her passion for helping to solve her clients’ problems. As an associate at Hall Maines Lugrin, Ellen dove head first into highly complex and diverse cases in areas ranging from insurance coverage to climate change to personal injury and products liability. Smart, dedicated, and enthusiastic, Ellen excels at vigorously representing her clients in court.
- Sat first chair in a bench trial for a 3rd degree felony theft. The judge found the defendant guilty of stealing over $75,000 of client funds from his employer.
- Second-chair responsibility for a 2nd degree felony jury trial for burglary of a habitation.
- Argued against a motion to suppress in a 3rd degree felony drug case.
- Represented multiple indigent clients charged with various misdemeanors—including DWI, poaching, and evading—as a student attorney. Successfully negotiated with the prosecutors for beneficial outcomes for the clients.
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2018 (The Order of Barristers)
- Intern for the Honorable Christopher Mott of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Texas, 2018
- University of Texas, B.A., Plan II Honors, 2015, special honors (Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi – Top 7.5% in the College of Liberal Arts, Dean’s List, Kappa Delta sorority)
- University of Texas McCombs School of Business, Certified Business Foundation, with distinction
- Named a national member of the Order of the Barristers as one of the top 10 University of Texas graduating law students in oral advocacy and brief writing
- Stanley & Claudie Wilson Endowed Presidential Scholarship for Excellence in Trial Advocacy, 2017
- Semi-finalist, Judge Paul Joseph Kelly, Jr. Invitational Trial Tournament, Fordham University, 2018
- Champion and Best Advocate, Strasburger & Price Advanced Mock Trial Competition, University of Texas, 2017
Outside The Office
My Favorite vacation spot
Hiking in the fjords near Bergen, Norway and relaxing at the beach in Barcelona, Spain
Most satisfying professional accomplishment
Winning my first trial
Quote I live by
“Throw me to the wolves, and I shall return as Leader of the Pack.”