Mitchell is a focused and detail-oriented litigator who strives for excellence. Whether crafting discovery, honing legal arguments in briefs, or meeting with clients Mitchell brings enthusiasm, focus and meticulous preparation to the task. While concentrating on insurance coverage and subrogation matters, his practice encompasses a wide variety of matters, including breach of contract, oil and gas disputes, professional and fiduciary relationships, and personal injury defense. As a native Houstonian and University of Texas graduate, Mitchell’s true Texas roots and family values are reflected in his attitude and his office, where a sturdy and loyal longhorn steer stares out from a painting on the wall.
Mitchell attended South Texas College of Law where he was elected Managing Editor of the South Texas Law Review. As Managing Editor, Mitchell oversaw the publication of the Honorable Judge David Hittner and Lynne Liberato’s quadrennial Summary Judgments in Texas: State and Federal Practice, often called the “bible” of summary judgments. Because of this work, Mitchell was awarded the annual South Texas Law Review Dean Elizabeth Dennis Award for Distinguished Service. An internship with the Honorable Chief Justice Sherry Radack on the Texas First Court of Appeals rounded out Mitchell’s education and provided valuable insight and experience as to what makes a persuasive and successful litigator.
- South Texas College of Law Houston, J.D., 2019, magna cum laude (Graduated top 10% of class; Managing Editor, South Texas Law Review)
- BPP University Law School, London, United Kingdom, 2018 (Courses in International Business Transactions and Negotiations; Comparative Criminal Law)
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 2016
- South Texas Law Review Distinguished Service Award
- Order of the Lytae
- Dean’s Honor List All Semesters
- South Texas College of Law Presidential Fellow Award
- CALI Award (for highest grade in class), Criminal Law; Professional Responsibility
- Dean’s Merit Scholarship Recipient
- Texas Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
Outside The Office
Favorite sports team
Houston Astros and Texas Longhorns.
Favorite vacation spot
Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina
Most satisfying professional accomplishment
Being sworn in as a licensed attorney with my family.
Quote I live by
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson