Tim is a hardworking and driven litigator dedicated to producing results for his clients. His work ethic and meticulous litigation preparation, along with significant early trial experience, quickly vaulted him to a ranking as one of Houston’s Top Lawyers in 2019, just three years out of law school. That well-deserved ranking is unsurprising. As an ex-collegiate athlete, Tim learned early on from many accomplished and respected coaches, that determination, perseverance, and accountability are keys to success. Cultivating those traits allowed Tim to pivot from a highly successful high school and college baseball career to a focused and well-rounded litigation practice. He represents both plaintiffs and defendants in complex commercial and personal injury disputes relating to insurance, subrogation, oil and gas, transportation, construction defect, and contract matters.
Immediately out of law school, Tim worked at a pair of boutique litigation law firms, where he received considerable early “hands-on” trial experience. His already deep knowledge of how to handle curve balls and stay calm when “at bat with bases loaded” translated seamlessly to litigation, allowing him to successfully secure numerous dismissals and summary judgments, negotiate countless advantageous settlements, and obtain favorable jury verdicts for his clients. That early experience, along with a sense of humor cultivated from episodes of The Office, has provided Tim a firm foundation for handling complex matters in both state and federal courts. Clients enjoy Tim’s unflagging optimism and practical advice.
At South Texas College of Law, Tim was on the Moot Court Team awarded “Team of the Decade” by PreLaw magazine. Before law school Tim played and coached baseball at Sam Houston State University, where his teams won Southland Conference Championships while he was both a player and coach. Tim is a native Houstonian and attended St. Thomas High School, where he was an All-State member of the 2008 Baseball State Championship team, was a multi-year All-State Athlete, and was coached by Hall of Famer and former Houston Astro, Craig Biggio.
- Represented a general contractor who was sued for defective construction of a multi-million-dollar custom home, obtaining a jury verdict in the contractor’s favor, and prevailing on a counterclaim for unpaid fees that resulted in a six-figure jury award.
- Secured a summary judgment for a chemical manufacturer in a product defect personal injury lawsuit after an offshore operations explosion off the coast of Brazil.
- Secured a summary judgment for a major national transportation carrier on grounds that the Plaintiff could not prove his injuries were caused by the alleged 18-wheeler collision.
- Secured a summary judgment in favor of an individual in a personal injury lawsuit involving an owner-controlled insurance program.
- Recovered over $775,000 in settlements on three plaintiffs’ claims, all negotiated within a twelve-month period.
- Secured a summary judgment in a premises-liability claim after proving that the plaintiff could not establish the premises owner controlled the allegedly dangerous condition involved in an oilfield industrial accident.
- Obtained a dismissal for an insurer’s third-party administrator in federal court after establishing that plaintiff failed to comply with the Texas Insurance Code.
- Secured a summary judgment for a major international insurance carrier after proving that a commercial property owner could not establish causation between the alleged damage and the storm.
South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2016; South Texas Law Review, Assistant Articles Editor; South Texas Moot Court Member: 2015 University of North Carolina Craven Moot Court Competition, Quarterfinalist; 2015 Pepperdine National Entertainment Law Moot Court Competition, Quarterfinalist; 2015 Emory University Civil Rights and Liberties Moot Court Competition, Quarterfinalist; 2016 Andrews Kurth Moot Court National Championship, Semifinalist
Sam Houston State University, B.B.A., Business Management, 2013; Texas Italian American Sports Foundation Scholarship Award, 2009-2013; Southland Conference Commissioner’s Honor Roll, Spring 2012; President’s Honor Roll, 2012-2013; Division I Student Athlete & Coach (Baseball); 2012-2013 Southland Conference Champions & 2012-2013 NCAA Houston and Baton Rouge Regional Finalists
U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas
- Best Lawyers in America One's To Watch 2023, Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law, Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Houstonia Magazine's Top Lawyers 2020, Insurance
- Houstonia Magazine’s Top Lawyers 2019, Civil Trial
- St. Thomas High School Alumni Associations, Lifetime Member
- Sam Houston State University Alumni Association, Lifetime Member
Texas Bar Association
Texas Young Lawyers Association
Outside The Office
What I do when not practicing law
Aspiring Texas BBQ Pitmaster. When I am not burning briskets, I enjoy checking out Houston’s great food & drink scene with my wife and friends.
Favorite sports teams
Houston Astros, Dallas Cowboys, Sam Houston State Bearkats.
Quote I live by
“You Miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”
Favorite vacation spot